Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008...

HELLO 2009!

2008, I'm not saying you were a bad year because we definitely had our good times...
I Remember at the beginning of our relationship I was a stupid 16 year old who thought she was cooler than she actually was. -_- Remember?

I quickly turned 17 which made my life a little better. I could now legally drive my friends around and drive past the hours of 11pm and 5am. I was given a lot more freedom during you, 2008.
I became more driven in my schoolwork for sure, and while others were struggling with juggling everything, I became a pro. I gained more confidence with you, 2008. In late January, I began making videos on the popular video sharing website known as YouTube. I went to the San Francisco gathering in February with Claire-Bear and we had a blast. I didn't know what you had in store for me. But, 2008, you sure knew. You knew that I would make incredible friends from all around the world. Friends that, beginning in the summer, I would talk to daily.

2008, you also took some of my friends away... In June, Sarah, Sireesha, Cassie and Jorge all graduated from high school. They were some of my best friends I could ever have had. So come August, Sarah and Sireesha left for San Diego, Cassie for San Francisco and Jorge for New York. 2008, you took my best friends away from me so that I could only see them during the summer and winter holidays.

And 2008, my brother is another one of those, except he is gone until next August. So it's not just your fault, 2008, don't worry. I am happy that he is living it up in Argentina though, and possibly some other South American countries while he's down there.

I had some incredible opportunities because of you, 2008. I was able to go to Boston for 2 weeks to study at Boston University and meet a ton of amazing people from all over the world. I had a tremendously good time and now I have a heap of contacts in Puerto Rico. :P
I got to go to Warped Tour and see some of my favorite bands ever. I got to meet The Academy Is... and Cobra Starship. I just about died of excitement.
I had the opportunity to go to YouTube Live in November. I met some of my favorite YouTubers and got to see some pretty sweet acts live.

I realized that even when the economy is in crap mode, that I can have a great Christmas. Just spending it with friends and family just hanging out and having a good time.

By the way 2008, you produced some awesome movies as well. Wall-E was the movie I saw with my brother the day before he left for Argentina. That just makes it 100 times better than it already was. Australia made my life complete; I cried, I laughed, I was disgusted, so many emotions in one movie. Benjamin Button was done so well that it made me cry so much towards the end. Mamma Mia! was definitely the feel good movie of the year. Twilight sucked though, 2008, fix that.

You changed my life, 2008. Not as much as 2009 will, but you did significantly change it in all these ways. Each day you made a small change and I don't think I have an regrets from this year. I do remember the moment I found out I had been accepted into Indiana University and University of Nebraska. I literally cried because I was going to college for sure. That was the life changing moment I'll remember from you, 2008.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart, 2008. You did well for yourself this year. (Just don't get me started on the "hit music" from you. It sucked KTHNXBAI.)

-----

I'll post about what is upcoming in 2009 tomorrow.
Have a Happy New Year!

No comments: