Friday, August 15, 2008

WARPED TOUR 2008!

Today I had one of the best days of my life! I went to Warped Tour in Mountain View, CA and saw two of my most favorite bands ever, The Academy Is... and Cobra Starship! I'll give a play by play of what happened today.

6am I woke up to shower and eat breakfast so that I would be good for the rest of the day until dinner. Becky walked over to my house from her's which is right across the street at around 7:15 and we left at 7:30 from my house. Because of the morning commuting traffic to the bay area, it took us about 2 hours and 15 minutes to get there instead of the usual hour and a half. But it was all good because we had left extra early so that we wouldn't be late. And we were still a whole hour early. Being early was the best thing we could have done. People from bands were walking up and down the line we were waiting in to let us know when bands were playing and they were giving out free stuff.

One group of people that came by were from PETA, that crazy animal rights group, and they pretty much grossed everyone in the line out by explaining how pigs are slaughtered before they are eaten. And I was all, "Well I don't eat pig anyway...except for ribs." And they didn't like that very much. The girl closest to me gave me a really dirty look. I didn't sign the petition. I kind of feel bad now. But oh well.

Back to the day, when Becky and I finally got inside the venue we rushed over to the merch tents to buy me a The Academy Is... t-shirt so I wouldn't have to wear my stupid green shirt anymore. And I got the perfect shirt! =D So then Becky bought some Cobra Starship stuff.

Then came the actual show time. We headed over to the pit of the main stage where The Academy Is... was playing and we watched them play which was hecka awesome! I can't even describe it in words. Just imagine seeing the guys you are in love with playing amazing music and it's all of your favorite songs. Gah.

Then when The Academy Is... was over, we rushed over to the other main stage to see Cobra Starship perform. We got so squished up with everyone. It was like a mini orgy, only not sexual. But it was so awesome to listen to them live and Gabe was so funny! =D

Well after that we hit up the smaller stages and saw Family Force 5 which was surprisingly good. Very catchy music that is great to dance to. I'm going to have to look up their music online. We walked through merch tents some more. I saw Katy Perry and waved at her. She waved back, which was slightly unexpected, but cool.

Then we stumbled upon where The Academy Is... was going to have their signing. It was at the Alternative Press tent. Luckily when we got there, there wasn't a big line at all. We were maybe 18 people back, so we got a ticket to get stuff signed. However, they weren't going to sign my shirt if it was still on my back, so I had to do an epic quick change while standing in line with three guys standing really close behind me. I pulled it off though without a hitch and without showing too much skin.

Anyway, when I got to the front of the line, I handed Adam Siska (Sisky Bizness) my shirt and he gave me a high-five. I told him and Mike Carden (the real Santi) that I love TAI TV and that I watch it all the time. They thanked me for doing that. I was in heaven. Mike Carden passed my shirt to Michael Guy Chislett (Chisy) and he signed it, and asked how I was. Then he passed it to THE Butcher who signed it and passed it to William Beckett who signed it and asked how I liked the show. I told him it was amazing as always and that I watch TAI TV and that I'm in love with it. He laughed and thanked me. They were so genuine. It was great! =D




Then I rushed over to where Becky was. She had gone over to wait for Cobra Starship to come to the place where they were having their signing. When Cobra finally showed up, we had a dance party and sang tons of songs, but we sang "Kiss My Sass" twice because they're making a music video for it and they needed us to be in it as a large crowd of fans. The band came out and danced with us too and I was about 5 feet away from Ryland the entire time, and about 10 feet away from Gabe. <3

When that was done, people started swarming Gabe for pictures and autographs. I just swarmed Ryland and got a picture with him. It was amazing! He is my favorite because he is so genuine and funny. I love when he plays Guy Ripley in TAI TV. So funny! =D Anyway, here is my picture with him:





Then we caught the tail end of Relient K which was great and we rushed over to see We The Kings. They were amazing as well.

There are no words that are powerful enough to describe how I felt today. I had the time of my life. I'm so glad I got to share it with Becky. And I love my parents for letting me go.

We went out to dinner on the way home and reminisced about the day. We laughed about everything we had done because it had been so much fun. And then I took Becky home. We blasted Cobra Starship's music the entire way home. It was EPIC. =D


Love, Lauren <3

No comments: